Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Great Debate

In preparation for our own political debate, SAGE students began learning about the election process a few months ago. We have spent many hours weighing the facts- watching television reports, reading the newspaper, listening to podcasts & searching the major news Websites. I feel confident that you have discovered many of the skills and tools that will help you to become responsible, empowered voters in the future.
Please respond to these prompts as a way of bringing closure to our campaign trail experience.

I (liked, didn't like) learning about the candidates and election process because ___________.
I was surprised to learn that ____________________.
I think it is important to vote because ______________.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I (liked, didn't like) learning about the candidates and election process because _I did'nt know anthing at all before.
I was surprised to learn that_Barack has a grandmother in Hawaii .
I think it is important to vote because_ It makes democracy work.
Singed,BK

Anonymous said...

I liked learning about the candidates and election process because I got really involved in the elections I didn't think it was all parent stuff.
I was surprised to learn that the Democratic party was founded a long time ago.
I think it is important to vote because if you didn't vote the first person to say im president would win.

Anonymous said...

I liked learning about the candidates and election process because it's always fun to learn new things.
I was surprised to learn that John McCain didn't belive in global warming.
I think it is important to vote because one vote can make a difference. Signed,HP

Anonymous said...

I liked learning about the candidates and election process because now I actually know what the are talking about in there speeches.
I was surprised to learn that there are more then just two parties (Republican and Democratic party).
I think it is important to vote because if you don't vote you have no say on whos running the country.

Signed,
SS

Anonymous said...

I liked learning about the candidates and election process because I learnd alot about who is running our country.
I was surprised to learn that the pesident faces alot of challenges.
I think it is important to vote because unlike other countrys we have the abilty to chose who runs our country.
signed, KT

Anonymous said...

I (liked, didn't like) learning about the candidates and election process because, I was so excited to get to have a debate that I really wanted to have alot of research!!

I was surprised to learn that, McCain was a prisoner of war and has a purple heart award for that.

I think it is important to vote because, if no one votes there won't be Democracy and if there is no democracy we'll live where there is a dictator!!

Signed,Bryant

Anonymous said...

I liked learning about the candidates and election process because I wanted to learn about politics.
I was surprised to learn that John McCain didn't beleive in Global Warming at first.
I think it is important to vote because whoever wins will be the president of the United States.
Signed,HA

Anonymous said...

I liked learning about the candidates and election process because I learned alot of important information.
I was surprised to learn that John McCain was over 70 years old.
I think it is important to vote because if you don't a bad canidate could be a bad president.
Signed N.P.

Anonymous said...

I liked learning about the candidates and election process because __I didn't know anything about them before.
I was surprised to learn that _there are lots of parties because I thought that there were only 2.
I think it is important to vote because it helps people settle things like who gets to be president.
Signed,RP

Anonymous said...

I liked learning about the candidates and election process because now, i know more about the political process.
I was surprised to learn that there are more parties then just Demacratic and republican.
I think it is important to vote because you have to participate to make our government work. otherwise, if only a few people voted and they were all, let's just say, Demacratic, then the Demacratic Candidate would automatically win, and that might not be good for our economy. the same thing could happen if only Republicans voted. =)
-AC

Anonymous said...

I liked learning about the candidates and election process because it was fun to learn about their opinions and what they will do in our country.
I was surprised to learn that John McCain was going to lower taxes.
I think it is important to vote because there would would hardly be any order in our country if there wasn't a president.
Signed, NH