Please use the three prompts below to provide feedback after each of your peers present their research. Cut & paste the prompts and make adjustments as needed to create grammatically correct, meaningful sentences. Be sure to preview your comments before you publish.
(Topic Here)
One thing I learned____________.
I was surprised to discover_____.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because ______.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
87 comments:
Autism
One thing I learned was autistic people can't have gluten.
I was surprised to discover what a dinabox does.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because autism is a very important disease. HA
Legos
One thing I learned is that there are only 4 different legolands in the world.
I was surprised to discover that there is a replica of Mt.Rushmore built in Legos.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you go to Legoland you might just need the info.NP
Autisim
One thing I learned was that autistic people like stacking blocks.
I was surprised to discover that there was a school for autistic people.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you know about autisim you might be able to identify if a person is autistic or not.
R.P.
One thing I learned is that autistic people can't gluten and gluten is in most of our foods so they have to have special gluten free foods.
I was surprised to discover thatthere is more than one way to know if people have autism.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because knowing a little more about autism could help somebody if you had the chance.
BCM
One thing I learned is that autistic people can't gluten and gluten is in most of our foods so they have to have special gluten free foods.
I was surprised to discover thatthere is more than one way to know if people have autism.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because knowing a little more about autism could help somebody if you had the chance.
BCM
LEGO
One thing I learned was that LEGO was a foreign toy.
I was surprised to discover that LegoLand California has the most attractions made out of LEGO pieces.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because LEGO has been around for a long time and is very cool to play with.
HA
Autism
One thing I learned was that when autistic people are happy they hum and jump up and down.
i was surprised that some kids voted an autistic kid out of the classroom and the teacher allowed it!
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if i were to ever have an autistic kid i would need to know what to do.
S.S. <3
(Autism)
One thing I learned was that there is a special olympics for autismic children .
I was surprised to discover that kids with autism like to jump to show that they are happy.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because it is good to be aware.
signed-JDR
(Lego)
One thing I learned was legos can be stacked in more than a million ways.
I was surprised to discover that there are 50 lego pieces for every one in the world.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because alot of kids use legos and dont know much about them.
Signed,BK
Autism
One thing I learned is that wheat is bad for all autistic people.
I was surprised to discover that an autistic kindergardiner was voted out of class.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because you might run into autistic people and you would understand the challenges they face.
H.P.
legos
One thing I learned was that the word legos came from the word leg godt.
I was surprised to discover that there are 30,000,000 legos in legoland California
I don't thnik it is important to know anything about this topic unless you want to.
S.S. <3
Legos
One thing I learned is that there are different types of legos.
I was surprised to discover that there are more than 1 Legoland.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because you will be know about legos if you go to legoland. R.P.
(Autism)
One thing I learned was that gluten is bad for people with Autism.
I was surprised to discover that Ross likes technology.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because people with Autism need to be helped.
Signed,BK
Autism
One thing I learned was that Autism has different levels of how severe it can get
I was surprised to discover that a little boy was voted out of his class room for disturbing the class.... even though he had Autism!
I think it is important to know something about Autism because a lot of people don't understand what Autistics go through everyday and because they don't understand, they cannot empathize with them and are not very nice to them. :(
AC =)
LEGOS
One thing I learned is that there is a lot of theme parks like Lego land.
I was surprised to discover that at first legos were called "autobinding bricks."
I think it is important to know something about this topic because it is a cool invention.
H.P.
Autism
One thing I learned was autstic people need speicial diets.
I was surprised to discover that there are special schools for people with autism.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because you should treat them well.
KT :-)
Legos
One thing I learned was that Legos used to be made out of materials other than plastic.
I was surprised to discover that there is a very interesting history to Legos, and i didn't think there was.
I think it is important to know something about Legos because lots of kids use Legos, and it is good to be informed just like everyone else.
AC =)
Legos
One thing I learned was legos were once made of wood.
I was surprised to discover legoland has over a hundred legos.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because lots of people use legos and it is important to know about them.
KT
Canine Companions for Independence
One thing I learned was the dogs have different skill levels.
I was surprised to discover that CCI has a training compound in California.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because alot of people are disabled and need something to make them feel better. HA
CCI
One thing I learned is that there is a advanced stage of training, a beginner stage, and a puppy stage.
I was surprised to discover that my classmate Ben is in the prgram and has a dog named Maude the 2nd.
I think it is important to know not to just go up and pet a dog in CCI while it is working.
BCM
Canine Companions for independence
One thing I learned was that dogs have to go through very hard training to become a "canine companion".
I was surprised to discover that people with all sorts of disabilities besides being blind (like Autism) can register to receive a Canine Companion.
I think it is important to know something about Canine Companions for independence (CCI) because if you see someone with that kind of Dog (usually with a vest:) ) then, you will be informed about that dog and what it had to go through to be there helping that person.
yours truly...
AC :)
Canine Companions for independence
One thing I learned was that there are stages for becoming a CCI.
I was surprised to discover that one of the tests for graduation is that the dogs have to walk through a room with food covering the floor and they can't eat any of it.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you suddenly get blind or something you would probably a CCI dog.
S.S. <3
CCI
One thing I learned was that there are two training stages advanced and begainer. [puppy]
I was surprised to discover that CCI only uses certain types of dogs
I think it is important to know something about this topic because everytime you see a service dog you could understand the intelegence of those dogs.
CCI
One thing I learned was that there are two training stages advanced and begainer. [puppy]
I was surprised to discover that CCI only uses certain types of dogs
I think it is important to know something about this topic because everytime you see a service dog you could understand the intelegence of those dogs.
HP
CCI
One thing I learned was that there are different dogs for different needs.
I was surprised to discover that dogs in basic training have yellow vests and dogs who passed advanced training have blue vests.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because the CCI is an important part of the world.
signed-JDR
CCI
One thing I learned was that there are different stages for the puppies.
I was surprised to discover that the dogs can go to anybody with disabilities.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you help out then you will need to know about this subject. R.P.
CCI
One thing I learned CCI dogs must go through alot of training.
I was surprised to discover dogs who are training and dogs who belong to disabled people have different colored vests.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because there are alot of disabled people who do need canine companions.
KT
Turbine Engines
One thing I learned was that jets use turbine engines.
I was surprised to discover that turbine engines need a lot of fuel.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you fly a plane with a turbine engine then you will need to know about it. R.P.
turbine engines
One thing I learned they are used in planes.
I was surprised to discover that there is a lot of gallons of oil in it.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you ever wanted to fly a plane you would know how full to fill it.
S.S. <3
One thing I learned was that Nuclear radiation was discovered by Marie Curie and her husband.
I was surprised to discover that your television gives off radiation.
I think it is important to know something about Nuclear Radiation because if we had a Nuclear war, we would want to be informed about how to get it off of you and so on...
AC :)
Turbine engines
One thing I learned was that there are many types of turbine engines.
I was surprised to discover that engine fuel is about 50 dollars a gallon.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because it is in mast planes and fighter jets.
signed JDR
NFL Football
One thing I learned was that there are different sections.
I was surprised to discover that there are lots of teams.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you join football you will need to know certain things. R.P.
TURBINE ENGINES
One thing I learned MOST FIGHTER PLANES USE TURBINE ENGINES.
I was surprised to discover the best turbine engine was made by Tesla.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because most travel planes are getting them.
KT
Nuclear Radiation
One thing I learned was that nuclear radiation might mutate your cells but it won't mutate you.
I was surprised to discover that nuclear radiation is used in XRay's and that's why you have to wear that apron thing.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you ever have to do XRay's on someone you will know what to wear. R.P.
Nuclear radiation
One thing I learned was that nuclear radiation doesn't make you a zombie.
I was surprised to discover that a tv set produces radiation.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because radiation ran kill you if you are induced to a large amount.
signed-JDR
Turbine Engines
One thing I learned was that Turbine Engines are in planes.
I was surprised to discover that some companies have made cars with Turbibe Engines in them.
I think it is important to know something about this Turbibe Engines because if you are flying in a plane, then you will know what is making the plain move. :)
AC :)
Nuclear Radiation
One thing I learned is that you actually get radiation from some of the rocks and stuff you touch.
I was surprised to discover that X-rays give off radiation.
I think it is important to know that you can have a little radiation but not a lot because if you have alot then you can get very sick and if a certain amount you can die.
BCM
CCI
One thing I learned is that you can get a dog for sombody special needs for free.
I was surprised to discover that they train the dogs so harshly.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because my brother might need a dog.
n.p.
nuclear radiation
One thing I learned is that radiation can kill you.
I was surprised to discover that they make movies about nuclear radiation.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because nuclear radiation is harmful
turbine engines
One thing I learned is that there is a car with turbine engines.
I was surprised to discover how a turbine engine works.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if I become an engineer than I will know about them.n.p.
NFL Football
One thing I learned was that NFL means National Football League.
I was surprised to discover that Football in Canada is way more violent than in America.
I think it is important to know something about Football because if you are watching a football game, then you should know how to tell what is happening in the game and the history of the game. :)
AC :)
(Turbine Engines)
One thing I learned was that turbine engines can be about 10 feet long.
I was surprised to discover that some turbines comprss air for thrust.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because turbine engines help some planes fly.
Signed, BK
nuclear radiation
One thing I learned is that nuclear radiation can kill you.
I was surprised to discover what to do if exposed to nuclear radiation.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you do get exposed you know what to do so you don't die.n.p.
(Nuclear radiation)
One thing I learned was that radiation can kill you.
I was surprised to discover that radition is in x-rays.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because radiation is all around us.
Signed, BK
turbine engines
One thing I learned is that turbine engines are big.
I was surprised to discover that airplanes use turbine engines.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because when you ride an airplane you would understand how it stays up in the air.
turbine engines
One thing I learned is that turbine engines are big.
I was surprised to discover that airplanes use turbine engines.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because when you ride an airplane you would understand how it stays up in the air.
HP
nuclear radiation
One thing I learned is that radiation can kill you.
I was surprised to discover that they make movies about nuclear radiation.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because nuclear radiation is harmful
HP
Boxers
One thing I learned was that boxers are an aggresive breed.
I was surprised to discover that a boxer is an old type of dog.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because alot of people own boxers and they sometimes don't know about them. HA
(Volleyball)
One thing I learned was that you can only hit the ball 3 times.
I was surprised to discover that there are two different types of volleyball.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because volleyball is in the Olympics.
Signed,BK
Boxers
One thing I learned about boxers is that they were bred in Germany.
I was surprised to discover that they were really a pure bred dog bred with a unknown type of dog to make the Boxer!
I think it is important to know something about this topic because you might have a boxer so it might help with your dog.
BCM
Competitive Swimming
One thing I learned was that there are alot of types of swimming.
I was surprised to discover that there is more than one way to swim.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because it's an olympic event and alot of people like swimming. HA
competitive swimming
One thing I learned is there are five different strokes in the olympics.
I was surprised to discover that swimming has been around since 1600 BC.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you dont know how to swim you can drown.
HP
Volleyball
One thing I learned was that there are several different positions in volleyball.
I was surprised to discover that there are different sized nets.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you ever join volleyball you might need to know something about it. R.P.
Turbine Engines
One thing I learned that a turbine engine can be as long as five feet.
I was surprised to discover that turbine engines are in ships as well as airplanes.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because turbine engines are used in many aircraft. HA
(Boxers)
One thing I learned was that boxers are aggresive.
I was surprised to discover that boxers used to be police dogs.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because Boxers used to be very important dogs.
Signed,BK
Boxers
One thing I learned was that Boxers are very intellegent.
I was surprised to discover that Boxers are aggresive.
I think it is important to know something about boxers because if you have a Boxer or know someone who had one, you will be informed about it and it's history.
AC :)
Volleyball
One thing I learned that volleyball nets come in different sizes.
I was surprised to discover was that volleyball came from 4 different sports.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because you might want to play it someday.
S.S. <3
boxers [dogs]
One thing I learned is that boxers are natraly aggressive unless you train them.
I was surprised to discover boxers were bred to hunt.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you get a boxer you need to know information about it.
HP :]
Competitive Swimming
One thing I learned was that there are many different types of swimming, like freestyle and butterfly.
I was surprised to discover that they do competitive swimming in the olympics.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you ever do competitive swimming you will need to know the rules. R.P.
Boxers
One thing I learned was that boxers are bred from bullenbeiser dogs or something like that.
I was surprised to discover that boxers can be aggressive.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you ever have a boxer then you will probably want to know about them. R.P.
Competitive Swimming
One thing I learned is that there are many strokes.
I was surprised to discover that there are many competitions around the world.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because you might want to be in a swim team.
BCM
(Competitive Swimming)
One thing I learned was that there is a stroke that is called the sidestroke.
I was surprised to discover that there are so many different strokes.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because its important to know how to swim.
Signed, BK
unicyles
One thing I learned is that there can be multiple wheels on them
I was surprised to discover thaat there are more then one kind of unicycles.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you wanted to be a clown you might need to know how to ride a unicycle.
S.S. <3
Football
One thing I learned there's a Canadian league.
I was surprised to discover the Canadian league is more like rugby than football.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because football is a big sport that alot of people like to play.
Unicycles
One thing I learned is that there are many,many,many kinds of unicycles.
I was surprised to discover there are offroad unicycles.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because you might want to get into unicycling.
BCM
Football
One thing I learned there's a Canadian league.
I was surprised to discover the Canadian league is more like rugby than football.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because football is a big sport that alot of people like to play. HA
(Unicycles)
One thing I learned was that a free-wheeling unicycle can coast.
I was surprised to discover there are so many different unicycles.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because I ride a unicycle.
Signed, BK
nuclear radiation
One thing I learned that the fat boy makes bigger explotion then the small one.
I was surprised to discover they are as long as a table.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you ever get some on you, you will know what to do.
S.S.<3
boxers
One thing I learned is that boxers were made from an unknown species of dogs.
I was surprised to discover that boxers are called boxers because when they play it looks like they are boxing.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if I ever have to do a report on boxers I could have some info. n.p.
swimming
One thing I learned was that the butterfly and the breast stroke are different.
I was surprised to discover that freestyle is not swimming freely, but is a stroke.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because it is important to know the different strokes if you want to join a swim team.
signed-JDR
football
One thing I learned canada has their own legue.
I was surprised to discover canadas legue olny has 8 teams.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because it is very popular in the U.S.
KT
Volleyball
One thing I learned was that there are different leagues of volleyball.
I was surprised to discover that Logan Tom was the yougest player on the American Olympic team at 19.
I think it is important to know something about volleyball because if you want to play, then you will have to know about volleyball.
AC :)
Volleyball
One thing I learned is that their are different types of balls.
I was surprised to discover you can only have six people on the court.
HP :]
competitive swimming
One thing I learned was that there is certain rules like you have to touch the wall with two hands on some strokes.
I wasn't really surprised to discover anything because i all ready knew a lot about swim.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you ever are in swim you would need to know this stuff.
S.S. <3
Boxers
One thing I learned was that boxers are really intelligent dogs.
I was surprised to discover that boxers are usually violent unless trained.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if you didn't, you might not think they could harm you.
signed-JDR
swimming
One thing I learned is that there are alot of different types of swimming.
I was surprised to discover how to do a butterfly swim.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if I ever swim in a compotition I will know how do some swimming.n.p
Unicylcles
One thing I learned that there are many different types of Unicycles that people use for different reasons.
I was surprised to discover that there is a Kangaroo Unicycle.
I think it is important to know something about Unicycles because it is good to be informed about such things.
AC :)
boxers
One thing I learned was boxers are really agressive.
I was surprised to discover they bullenbeiser dog.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because dogs are a big part of the world.
KT
football
One thing I learned that there are different leagues.
I was surprised to discover that there are a lot of teams that went to the superbowl.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because because if you are in football you might need to know this stuff.
S.S. <3
Unicycles
One thing I learned is their are different types of unicycles.
I was surprised to discover that no one knows when it was invented.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because it is a cool invention
HP :]
volleyball
One thing I learnedis that there are 2 types of volleyball, indoor, outdoor.
I was surprised to discoverall of the rules to it.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because if sombody asks you about volleyball you don't want to look dumb. n.p
UNICYCLES
One thing I learned was there are a lot of different unicycles.
I was surprised to discoverthat there are multi-wheeled unicycles.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because it is becoming more popular.
KT
Football
One thing I learned was that there are more teams in the NFL than in tha AFL.
I was surprised to discover that CFL (Canadian football) is more of rugby .
I think it is important to know something about this topic because it is important to know what division your team is on.
signed-JDR
competitive swimming
One thing I learned was that there are many rules.
I was surprised to discover that swimming dates back to prehistoric times.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because it is really fun.
KT :-P
FOOTBALL
One thing I learned is that the canadian football leage is like rugby.
I was surprised to discover the CFL has only 8 teams.
I think it is important to know something about this topic so you can sound smart when someone puts you on the spot. n.p
Volleyball
One thing I learned is that their are different types of balls.
I was surprised to discover you can only have six people on the court.
I think it is important to know something about this topic because it is a popular sport.
HP :]
Unicycles
One thing I learned was that there are more than one type of unicycle.
I was surprised to discover that there are 13 wheal unicycles.
I don't think it is very important to know much about this topic because unicycles may be fun to ride but have no real importance.
signed-JDR
Post a Comment